View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Default Hi Mr.Nickleye

I had already done everything you mentioned. I disconectted the negative battery cable for a few minutes figuring that would clear the memory. I drove around in stop and go traffic several times. I raced the engine a little bit hoping that that would "settle it down", but no go. In the morning I have to hook it up to get it to turn over. Then I pull it out just enough so that there is no connection. The Check Engine light comes on, but the idle drops to 1,000. Could the fact that we are having a cold snap here have any bearing on this? It's been dipping into the upper 20's to low 30's overnight. Anyway, I have this really good "Ultra Copper" gasket maker and I used it to put the old one back together. This weekend I will swap it out and see what happens. If I can't resolve this issue, can I go to my own mechanic, or do I have to go to a Toyota dealer? I'm not used to cars with computers and diagnostic codes and such. Would my mechanic, who I trust and is very reasonable, (I found him by word of mouth) be able to hook this car up and find out what's wrong?

Thanks,

Scruffboy
scruffboy is offline   Reply With Quote