Thread: big problem!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 02:24 AM   #10
lsgheero
Stock

lsgheero is on a distinguished road

well as far as when the oil was changed.. or for that matter any type of maitenance on the car I honestly have no clue. I just got the car about 2 weeks ago on an abandoned vehicle claim... and before i filed it had been sitting in a parking lot for 3 months. So not sure about any of that I am just trying to get it running again, so I am fixing things as they come up.

Here's how i discovered the oil issue....

I was doing the regular routine maintenance (change oil, spark plugs, ect) I decided to replace the spark plugs/wires first and upon removing the spark plug cap I discovered that there was oil inside all the plug compartments... once again keep in mind that to my knowledge this car has been sitting @ least 4 months without being driven. anything beyond that i have no clue... now what i can tell you is that there was alot of oil in the spark plug compartments (prolly like 1-2 bottles worth) now when i measure the dip stick it says that I am over the full mark...I mention this because it may be the cause for the oil being there as there was too much and it just found a way to release some. well I will stop my rant for now and wait to see if anything comes out of this.

Also what would be involved in fixing the valve covers...

Once again any help is appreciated.

Edit... sorry forgot to put this but the engine has like 170k on it

-larry

Last edited by lsgheero; 11-28-2006 at 02:38 AM.
lsgheero is offline   Reply With Quote