Thread: Bad Water Pump?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Default Bad Water Pump?

This summer I had a new water pump installed with a one year warranty. The other day we had a torrential rain, I mean it came down in buckets. I had to drive through a rather deep puddle, but nothing I haven't done before when necessary (There was a Semi behind me and one in front). I mean, it didn't come in through the doors or anything. I drive home and everything seems fine. I even used a blow dryer on any electrical connection I could find. I don't know if this would have any bearing on my problem, but it did seem to be a bit of a coincidence. So then I decide to take it for a longer test drive. I start to overheat. I take it home and it seems to be leaking from the water pump. I take it to my new mechanic and he says its the water pump. I go to the guy who initially installed it and he says he'll look at it but starts hemming and hawing about how the water pump is connected to the timing belt and it could be all types of other things. My new mechanic said he'd install a new water pump for $175. I'm afraid if I take it to the original mechanic, he'll mess something up just to get out of honoring the warranty, (and hitting me up for fixing a new problem that never existed). I mean, I can see it leaking from the water pump. Should'nt the original mechanic just put one in for me? Any thoughts or help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Scruffboy

P.S. Can I get help from one of you guys who really know what they are talking about, like Mr.nickleye or someone of his knowledge. I don't want to walk into this guys garage with "guesses". thanks.
scruffboy is offline   Reply With Quote