View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

Don't worry about it sounding like a can of bees. The four cylinder cars almost always sound that way. The six cylinder cars sound more like a really nice tuned exhaust on a large four cylinder motorcycle. Some can be very loud but the six cylinder has the 2 extra exhaust pulses that soften the note. V-8's usually have one side separated from the other and have a nice rumble but still loud. The 180 degree headers for a V-8 race care sounds really nice though with all the exhaust pulses merging together like the cars at Daytona.

You almost can't get too loud with a small six like the Supra, but the exhaust can build up an annoying resonance at certain speeds. I went with a flowmaster on both cars and like I said, I like the way my daughters car sounds the best and that is without the cats on both. We can still get away with that here in Louisiana.

But I really don't even worry about the noise because of how loud most Harley's are around here. If they don't get pulled over for drag pipes on the bikes, then there is no way our cars can get pulled over for noise, just for acting crazy, which can be fun!

Just make sure the rubber mounts are used and not solid mounts. Go solid and you will feel it in the car as well as being too noisy inside the car. A good sound system helps, but not all the time.

Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote