View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 05:09 AM   #6
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

It would be realtivley easy to carb an n/a 7m motor, Because it has a distributor. Just tuning it and getting it to run perfect would be hard, because noones ever done it before. I think the 7m with some webber carbs and a header/exhaust could make a nice 260 hp while keeping it stock compression and cams and all that, Plus whatever other bolt ons you can get. The only problem I can see ATM, Is you have no way to advance the ignition timing. The ECU does that, But your getting rid of the ECU along with the whole FI. You have 3 options. 1. you could get a digital ignition that hooks up to an rpm sensor or a vaccum sensor to run your ignition timing, WHich would also be a nice upgrade. 2. you could possibly have someone make you a control module for the stock distributor. 3. And i also think the 5mge had a vaccum advance distributor, So if you could fit that whole distributor or the guts in the 7m distributor, you have yourself a winner. I would say get the swap accomomplished, Get the 7m motor in the celica and get it running in FI mode, With the ECU/wiring harness just sitting outside. The work on swapping it to carbs. I think you only need about 350-450 cfm worth of carb to get it goin, And theres a few you could get. 6 mikuni slide bores on a common manifold to each cylinder would would be nice lol, If you could afford it. Slide bore = 0 restriction at WOT. hehe.

Last edited by Isphius; 11-20-2006 at 05:16 AM.
Isphius is offline   Reply With Quote