View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 03:19 AM   #16
2JZEFINI-17
3" Exhaust

2JZEFINI-17 is on a distinguished road
Default The reason for doing the swap...

I know its more cost effective to just upgrade the 7m but I at the moment have low compression numbers on all 6 cylinders.. If I wanna do any type of racing im gonna need a better engine or rebuild the one I have. Since I need to replace the one I have, why not just swap in the 1j while im at it?

I have a new question that you guys might be able to help me with. I just found a rust free supra 86.5 n/a. With only 79000 miles on it. Would the 1jz bolt right in to this car? With a 89+ cross member and motor mounts offcourse. Because If this is the case I am not gonna spend the $800 to fix the rusty rear panels on my car... I will just sell it and buy this one. I feel that its a better canidate for the swap... Anways I might have a 89 turbo supra for SALE, with 136,000 miles, 5 speed, interior is almost a 9/10,its got the blue cloth interior. Car runs fine just has that idle issue at times which im going to fix before its sold. If you want to race this thing I suggest you refresh the motor. I drive it 50 miles every day and it runs fine. I would like to get $3000 obo. I havent completely decided on this it will depend on how good this other supra is.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE DETAILS ON CAR PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL BE GLAD TO ANSWER YOU QUESTIONS.
2JZEFINI-17 is offline   Reply With Quote