View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 12:02 AM   #5
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JZEFINI-17
Well I have made my desicion and I decided that this summer the supra is gonna get the 1jz. I however have read that you need to lengthen the wiring harness by 3 feet. I realized that if I buy a front clip I basically have the resources to swap the motor and do a full RHD conversion. This would also eliminate having to lengthen the harness. Do you guys think that I should lengthen the harness or just convert to RHD? I mean it should be fairly simple. The only difficulty would be drilling the new holes for the steering and the pedals. Let me know what you guys think.

OR -------> RHD 1jz ??

Sadly, there is a lot more difficult tasks than just drilling new holes for the steering and pedals.

For one, you need to swap out the RHD rack and pinion for the steering, you'll need to drill new holes for the brake master cylinder, brake booster, and clutch master cylinder, redo the door harnesses if you want the master window switch on your side, drill holes for the ebrake and cable, change the center console out, drill new holes for the dash board, and put another dashboard in. Thats just a rough list. It's not even the correct way. The correct way is to cut off the firewall and weld in the RHD firewall.