View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 06:46 AM   #4
johnkarl
Stock

johnkarl is on a distinguished road
Default big end shells

hello and thanks for your reply, but the reason that i stripped the engine down is the cylinder head gasket had gone and i decided to remove the engine, as to replace the shells just as a precaution , as i have had 7 toyota supras before ,both n/a and turbos, and every one of these cars have had big end problems , i know what you are thinking if so much trouble why dose he still buy them , well i just love the shape , and the dash is great to ,my wife just shook her head when i told her about this one , but there was no noise on the bottom end and the strip down was purely precautionary , just as well though ,take note all you supra owners out there , this car had been serviced by a garage and this still happened seven out of seven mileage is 111072, not a great deal of miles for a 3.0 car but that is how it is .Bill thanks a lot for the phone number and the offer of the con rod and end caps ,how much do you want for one of each , ps the bearings have just started to turn and in no way resemble the ones the poor mans in the picture looked like , but all the shells were down to the copper underneath the white metal coating , got to go to work now will add more when i get in once again thanks to all your replies----Karl
johnkarl is offline   Reply With Quote