View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 05:24 AM   #1
XtreeX
3" Exhaust

XtreeX is on a distinguished road
Default Random stalling of the engine??

**checking codes as of right now**

Okay, well I drive a turbo 5-speed 87' and I recently (like a week ago) had the head gasket, water pump, spark plugs, sparkplug wires and timing belt changed; and the lady who sold me the car had records of the clutch being replaced about 30,000 miles ago. The only mod I have done is the bosch 110 bov. Otherwise it's bone stock.

Basically i was taking a curve (not a turn) and my car just up and died. Power was on but engine just died. Now before this happened my car was boosting to about 5-6 psi and would accelerate in 2nd and after about 3-4k RPMs the acceleration would level off. It's hard to explain but in 2nd gear its a constant acceleration and force until about 5k rpms but it would level off around 4k'ish rpms. I cant afford anything else!!

What could this problem be? The check engine light flickers on and off, and I have NOT done a diagnostic yet (since the light doesnt stay on). Please help! If you need anymore information to help me diagnose the problem please let me know I am in dire need!!

Last edited by XtreeX; 11-12-2006 at 05:27 AM.
XtreeX is offline   Reply With Quote