View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
MRice
Stock

MRice is on a distinguished road
Question My story thus far...

I'm 17 years old and have worked hard for my money as any honest person does. I bought a supra from what I thought was an honest man. The car runs great everything is fine the body is mint and but it has 200,000 km's on it which I don't mind because this guy was an older person and clearly looked after his vehicle from what I could tell. It came with a new starter, new radiator and had new spark spark plugs put in no more than 2 months ago and came with winter tires (But I won't drive it in winter anyways). I love this car it's what I've always wanted in a vehicle power, speed, and class. But with one problem. Before I bought it I had it checked out by my local Canadian tire with a 125 point inspection just to be sure it was fine. Nothing serious came up just a power steering hose slowly leaking and thats about it. But when I talked to Toyota they told me he had had the car in there right before last winter (vehicle has never been winter driven and has been garaged) and they told me that it most likely had a BHG, which I figure hey it's a supra its nothing I didn't expect. So I talked to the seller about this and of course hes a jerk about it now and whater I don't wanna deal with him. I payed 4,500 Canadian for this vehicle which is pretty good for the shape it was in. And now I'm going in on the 20th of Nov 06 to check everything else because the head gasket hasnt been replaced and I noticed I'm getting bubbles in my coolant which is a tell tale sign, and a little white smoke apon starting. As soon as I realized I had a a BHG I parked it right in my driveway and I'm not gonna drive it except to Toyota for the 20th what do you think I should get them to look for? I'm not a complete nube to vehicles, I have rebuild 1 engine before but I'm wondering for replacing the headgasket what do you think I should do? And what are the chances there could be damage to the block/head/pistons/ect? I wanna know what I'm getting into here and I could do all of this myself but should I get it professionally done to be safe?

-Mitch
MRice is offline   Reply With Quote