View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 04:51 AM   #2
thechori
3" Exhaust

thechori is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jzToyota
Hows it going, just bought a 90 cressida and have a few question.

as u all know it comes with a 7mge. the currant engine is bad in it, reason being i only payed $100 for the car. but anyways i have a budget of $6,000 for it to make it a quick dependable daily driver. by quick i mean i would like 4-500rwhp. i also currantly own a 91 galant vr4 and make 380awhp and my 95 impreza that im still building currantly making 714awhp at 2500lbs, so i would think 4-500RWhp should be easy. i always loved toyota's, never got any other truck then toyota's, had a 87 turbo pickup, then 93, and now currantly a 04.

but anyways, like i said im new to the whole toyota swapping scene so here are my question.

to swap a 7mgte what does it take, differant wiring, just changing the ecu?????????(i would assume its based on the same swap it would take to put it into a none turbo supra)

i heard of using a 1jz head on a 7m block, what are the advantages of the head designs between the 1j and 7m?

how bad is the wiring for a 2jz swap into the 7m car?

are there any differances between the 7mge and 7mgte long blocks besides the compression and rods?

and i understand that the stock 2jz block itself is hella better, but what about the heads, comparing them to both the 7m, 1jz, port size, valve size, etc?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well if you're shooting for 400-500rwhp on a $5000 budget, i think you're better off with just going with the 2JZ swap instead of the 7MGTE, just my $.02
thechori is offline   Reply With Quote