View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 02:33 AM   #2
hangsupra
12psi boost

hangsupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraBoy
ok so i have seen the thread where the guy talks about his own custom made pvc pipe intake and was wondering if anyone could describe how to do this and/or post pics...
it would be greatly appreciated...what are the up and downs of this...will it be better than the stock intake that came on my 1984 supra...thnkx

also when i start my supra it idles really low for a second....then it shoots up and then goes back low to where it almost dies...so pretty much i cant keep it at the right idle unless i have my foot on the gas right holding it there....what could cause this and how do i fix it

i done few custom air intake pipe for my mk2... and also turbo pipe too...

well first of all... you need to have a bent machine... were you can bend the pipe... thats the first thing you need to do...

second... you need to measure n cut the pipe n bend it the way you want it to be...

about your idle problem...
one thing... maybe your idle is to low... i mean your degree on pulley... maybe way below normal... or maybe its way to high....

sometime you have air leak it does that too... i mean your air intake leaking somewhere....

and sometime your distributer not in the right mark.... i mean your rotor...

and sometime its your spark-plug too... it goes bad.... and it didnt have enough spark...

check this easy thing first....
hangsupra is offline   Reply With Quote