Thread: Stalling Supra
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 07:57 AM   #9
tellfromchico,ca
Stock

tellfromchico,ca is on a distinguished road
Question

ive had similar problems possibly check out all of intercooler piping and intake pipe for leaks that would cause a bypass of the maf sensor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djairam
nI'm really hoping that you will be abele to help me shed some light on a problem I have been having. It started as a mild "hiccup" while driving an 88 turbo supra. Had just bought the car and the problem didn't seem to be such a big deal. It felt as if for a split second the engine would stop or stall while cruising. Talked to previous owner who said that the problem began after getting some bad gas. Problem became more frequent and even got to the point where car sometimes stalled at idle or wouldn't start. Changed fuel filter, shop mechanic insisted I needed a new fuel pump. Changed fuel pump, problem reamained continuing to worsen. Cleaned throttle body, thought problem had gone away, it persisted. Now I suspected the MAF may be bad, as problem seemed to go away for a few days after cleaning throttlebody. Replaced MAf with used one on Ebay, problem persists. Some guy that says he knows about these cars says that my TPS checks out, but I'm not really sure he knows what he is talking about. Now the car starts bucking or stalling during acccelaration at about 2500-3000 rpm. Check engine light is on, don't know how to read codes. Check engine has always been on though, even when car ran much better. I'm running out of ideas and money. Could you please send any ideas to djairam at yahoo. thx.
tellfromchico,ca is offline   Reply With Quote