View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
MARKPRIOR
Stock

MARKPRIOR is on a distinguished road
Default MkIII Supra Pickup Drift Project

Just to say hi guys i'm Mark from Japnortheast.co.uk, and after 3 years i have bought myself another beloved Mrkiii supra (fell in love again at JAE)

I also own a skyline GTS-t

The supra i have bought as a progect its a E reg 1987 i think non turbo.

I have bought the car to be ran as a drift car and would appreciate any help or advise that you guys could offer

heres what ive done so far

OH Yes and did i mention its going to be a Pickup????

Stripping

Needs to have all interior removed bar dash and two front seats

Suspension

Needs to either get Chris's Blistiens on if they fit or chop the springs by a couple of coils

Engine

Sweet as a NUT!!!!!

Exhaust

Gonna go for a 3 inch side exit

Graphics

Gonna go Full JNE

Wiring
Most likely gonna need some electrical work on the car

MORE PICS TO FOLLOW

AND AFTER MARKS ATTEMPT AT REPAIRS I HAVE DECIDED THAT HE SHOULD BE TEA BOY

Video
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...Picture033.flv

and from this mark learnt never mess about on gravel with the windows down. I forgot i was taking a video and was paying more attention to the massive cloud of dust and if the security guard would see it

mkiv suspension will go on a mkiii with a little work

Mod's needed

Rear Suspension

You need to bend the bottom of the damper around 2.5mm each side and make a bush to fit. (although dont think choas will let me lmao)

Front Suspension

Pretty much a straight fit but you need to grind around 2mm off each side of the hub where it connects to the suspension

Will post pics when i do it on saturday only had the time to wiegh up what needed doing today.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh also learned that the inner rear arches were rusted out comes the welder
got the dif out eventually but had to use the my fav tool the GRINDER oo and extra large pinch bars lol. The 2 front bolts for it are bolted into nuts which are welded inside the frame which i managed to snap the nut of the weld (last bloody bolt holding the dif in) , but we got it out in the end along with the exhaust of and all shafts off. The only reason the grinder came out was because of Mr Priors eternal chanting GRINDERRRRR GRINDERRRR GRINDERRRRR because he was already told his little plastic saw would not be up to the job. But we were confused as baby racoons when we eventually got it out because the internals are nothing like the pictures that we have seen before so the four of us stood there like monkeys scratching our heads.

A prior comment from last night, to set the seen we had the back end on axle stands and joe commented will it not roll on the front wheels why dont you put the handbrake on lol

and then marks WHY DONT WE LEAVE IT IN GEAR. Because the back wheels are off the ground durrrrrrrr

All in all a fun night loads of laughing and some pain you know your having a good time when your hands and face are black

What Happens When you put 3ft of pipe where your exhaust was meant to be

Video
http://www.youtube.com/v/DIEAoMfR4UU

Side exit complete

Also got the diff welded up tonite

all is going well :headbang5:
Turning into a pickup

Video

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...t=MOV00735.flv

when you get bored silly things happen mkiv veilside spoiler on a mkiii

The back windows come out with ease, lol

Then for the pick-up modifications.