View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 06:14 AM   #8
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

Aside from fun factor, You guys are forgetting to ask him a few questions. First, What are you doing with this car? Driving it every day, restoring it, driving it sometimes, putting it in a garage, etc. If your going to get a daily driver, Def go with the n/a. Less miles wil mean less parts to buy, asde from just the headgasket. 2nd, The n/a is much easier to work on. The electronics and mechanical aspect are much simpler. If you want a project car or something to mod the crap out of, go for the turbo. You will spend a lot more on it, But it will be much faster in the end. 3rd - The n/a will get much better gas mileage and wont use up oil, spark plugs, etc as much, And turbos need premium fuel. Something else you want to consider if you are going to be driving a lot. I have owned both an 88 turbo auto, And a black n/a 5 speed. The n/a was by far easier to work on, And more reliable. It had 200k miles on it with a leaking HG and it still ran beautiful. Cold starts, Hot starts, Long miles, It did it all. My turbo, Has a crapped out CPS, Bad coil pack, Blown its HG, and has a few boost leaks that i cant track down, And it only has 82k miles on it. It also has a transmission leak (auto), But this is unrelated to it being a turbo. I believe it is just the transmission cooler lines. So in summary, Turbo for a project car/fast car, And n/a for reliability, gas mileage, And ease of use.