SilvaT
Stock

SilvaT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
Good to hear.
Yes.
Which clutch at that link are you referring to? "Multi plate"? "Hyper single"? "Cerrametallic"? "Oganic"? ???

Either way, here's what I think (since you asked), fwiw:
If you are referring any of the Exedy clutches with "cerametallic" material, I think that material in clutch disk(s) is harder than steel. As a result, I think it will be tough to drive because the "cerametallic" clutch disk material will strongly grab the steel flywheel and steel pressure plate, and tend to either stall the car or spin the tires. I think if you try to slip that clutch in stop-and-go traffic, or slip it while driving it up onto a ramp or in an incline at stop lights, or slip it when going in reverse uphill, the cerrametallic material will quickly wear into the steel flywheel, which will cause the clutch to hold less power and eventually fail. Did you read the page? It says: "As with all cerametallic clutches, the street drivability may be marginal due to chattering and harsh engagement characteristics. " That chattering comes from the cerrametallic material 'biting' into the steel. Also, I think the Excedy clutches with "organic" material aren't much better than the Mkiv's oem clutch. In short, I think these Excedy clutches are not anywhere near as good a choice as a South Bend kevlar clutch.
Cool, will go with the South Bend clutch and flywheel then.... ill let you know how it goes!

Thanks heaps for the advise, good to talk to someone that actually knows what they are talking about, im sure ill be back for more advise..so be ready...ha ha!!

Last edited by pwpanas; 10-26-2006 at 01:01 PM.
SilvaT is offline   Reply With Quote