View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #9
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvaT
Yeah i am planning to do a single turbo conversion, however not immediately, really want it more for roadrace.
I see. What is your absolute max rwhp goal for the next two years? If you're willing to consider a single disk clutch (see below), I can recommend at least one good option for you, based on the rwhp goal you already stated...

Quote:
The reason i said i would have to change my fuel was coz the guy who was doing my modification advised me that i may have to upgrade my fuel pump, as i was taking out both CAT's... i was unsure as to why this was necessary as well!
I have to advise you to stop using that guy as an installer because he's dead wrong. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but there's really no other way to say it. The oem fuel pump is good for over 500rwhp (through a 6spd), and absolutely anything the oem twin turbos can push out. I'd literally LOVE the opportunity to 'educate' your installer.

Quote:
Also i what i meant to say before was all twin platel clutches are reasonably expensive!
Agreed, but why are you limiting yourself to twin-plate clutches? There are several aftermarket single disk clutches that can hold your target rwhp... Only downside is slightly higher/harder pedal pressure. Would that be okay with you?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 10-25-2006 at 09:22 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote