View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #5
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvaT
Well that's the thing, i believe that the standard supra clutch can handle up to 500bhp
Bhp=whp, right? If so, then the oem mkiv tt clutch can not reliably handle that much rwhp. Even 400rwhp is pushing it.

Quote:
however assumed it may be better in the long run if i was gonna some engine work.
You mean like a single turbo?

Quote:
I dont think i would mind the extra transmition noise but the TRD twin plate is quite pricey, so what else would you recommend?
I honestly can't say until I know your max rwhp goal.

Quote:
I had a look at stage 2 zoom performance clutch which looks like a good option...
Again, there's absolutely no way in the world to confirm this without knowing your planned max rwhp.

Quote:
...as im am looking to change my whole exhaust system taking out both CATs and will therefore have to upgrade my feul pump.
Why do you say that? The oem fuel pump, and in fact the entire oem fuel system is good to at least 500rwhp....and the oem twins can't push that much rwhp so why would you need a new fuel pump????

Quote:
But what model/ part no: clutch did you get with a fly wheel included??
Every multi-disk clutch, including the TRD twin, comes with it's own lightweight flywheel.

Quote:
obviously i will have to add on Shipping charges to this as well, so i guess it wont be as cheap.
Unfortunately, no good, high-horsepower-holding aftermarket clutch will be cheap. ...and the higher the hp/tq rating, the more $ it will generally cost. For example the RPS twin carbon is about $2900 and the Tilton triple carbon is about $4500. It's easy to buy more clutch than you need, so the first thing you need to do is figure out exactly what rwhp figure you need the clutch to handle.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 11-11-2006 at 02:09 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote