View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 03:24 AM   #1
thechori
3" Exhaust

thechori is on a distinguished road
Default random dying problems (1989 n/a)

it's not a new issue, this used to happened when i tried to start my car up, but today while i was driving, i came to a stop, and i heard my motor just sputter, than die. it kept happening, so i kept startin it up, but even when i gave it gas, it would die. eventually i got it on, had to keep the gas comin, but i got it to where i was going. (it did die again though, and i had to repeat that crap to get it on again)

do you guys know what could've caused this? i know it's not a leak because this problems comes up randomly....but yea, i'm stumped

oh yea, sometimes i smell something like raw eggs coming from my engine, if that helps any.

edited 11/5/06

well i think the problem is getting worse, and i'm pretty sure its the notorious BHG.. i saw smoke coming from the exhaust whenever i was at a stop and i gave it a little gas.

but i had a much bigger problems the other day, i was driving, came to a stop, and my car COMPLETELY died, no power whatsoever, i had a friend steer my car while i pushed it aside and jumped it. on the way home i had to constantly keep the car around 1500-2000 in order to keep it running (i couldn't use the brake or i'd let the car die again), so while i slowed down for stops, i had to keep my foot on the clutch, while pumping the gas, while steering with my left hand, and braking with the e-brake.. it was horrible at the least.

i drove the car today, and it was somewhat ok. the idle was like a rollercoaster, sometimes it would idle around 1500, then if i gave it gas, it would rise, then fall to a scary 500 then continue to bounce up and down.

could this problem occur from a BHG or is it something else that maybe i can fix? how hard would it be for a beginner to fix a BHG if that was the problem?

Last edited by thechori; 11-06-2006 at 05:02 AM.
thechori is offline   Reply With Quote