Old 05-01-2005, 08:20 AM   #4
roscoa1
Stock

roscoa1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by roscoa1@May 1 2005, 08:16 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply.....

I started to tackle the ignition prob the wrong way round - took the starter off, striped it and put it back together after finding no apparent problems.

Will be replacing the terminals anyway with gold plated ones, and will clean the earthing point on the negative and put back together, i am hoping this is solve this issue.

As far as the rattle goes, i was wrong about the rev range, it is more like 1800rpm - 2500rpm. It sounds a heavier, more mechanical rattle than an exhaust related issue. - Kind of like a diesel engine on startup (old type diesel). I am hoping this is not a bigend!

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SYMPTOMS OF A BIG END GOING, WOULDN'T THE RATTLE BE THROUGHOUT THE REV RANGE UNDER LOAD?

Thanks For Your Time

KR

Rosco
1991 Supra Turbo Auto
Hi

Thanks for the reply.....

I started to tackle the ignition prob the wrong way round - took the starter off, striped it and put it back together after finding no apparent problems.

Will be replacing the terminals anyway with gold plated ones, and will clean the earthing point on the negative and put back together, i am hoping this is solve this issue.

As far as the rattle goes, i was wrong about the rev range, it is more like 1800rpm - 2500rpm. It sounds a heavier, more mechanical rattle than an exhaust related issue. - Kind of like a diesel engine on startup (old type diesel). I am hoping this is not a bigend!

Could this simply be the oil is crap and i should flush and replace with a better oil (i currently do not know what is in there)..... any suggestions on what to put in there (car has 96,000 mile on the clock).

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SYMPTOMS OF A BIG END GOING, WOULDN'T THE RATTLE BE THROUGHOUT THE REV RANGE UNDER LOAD?

Thanks For Your Time

KR

Rosco
1991 Supra Turbo Auto
roscoa1 is offline   Reply With Quote