Thread: Low Turbo Boost
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 06:10 PM   #1
vtbullmoose
Stock

vtbullmoose is on a distinguished road

Hi all. I have recently finished replacing the head gasket on my 1990 Toyota supra with the 7MGTE engine. The motor idles ok, with the boost gauge reading –4. The motor also runs fine, except for when I try to accelerate. There seems to be a huge lack of power, and my boost gauge will barely get above the 0 mark. I heard that when you blow a head gasket it could kill the turbo as well. Therefore I replaced the turbo with a rebuilt one, and have gotten the exact same results. There is a white smoke coming out of the car when it is first started, but that quickly disappears. I did hook up a vacuum gauge, and that will drop to 0 with just a light push on the gas pedal. Usually that will stay around 15 or so. I have not checked the intercooler pipes, but plan to do so soon after reading other responses. Also I just had the clutch replaced about 2 years ago, so I don’t think that could be the culprit. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I’m up for checking anything at this point. Thanks!
vtbullmoose is offline   Reply With Quote