Thread: MKIII Setups?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #16
XtreeX
3" Exhaust

XtreeX is on a distinguished road
Default My audio setup

In my opinion the best speakers in terms of clarity, mid's and plenty of high's would be Polk. I used to be a huge infinity fan but lately Polk has just come out with better stuff. I have Polk home theater speakers and have worked in Home Theater for 3 years and Polk have always out performed anything else. But as for the setup in my car it's as follows:

1990 Toyota Supra 88' Turbo 5-speed
Replaced 4" door housings with the 5.25" 91' Housings
Put Polk 5.25" MoMo MMC5250 Speakers
Mounted tweeters on the door panel halfway between the window and the speaker grill (if that makes sense)
Run the Eclipse 7000 Head Unit (Best head-unit I've ever had)
A Kicker
6ZX5502 2-Channel Amplifer 210wx2 (powers the Polk's)
An Ecplipse 10" SW7000 Dual-Coil Subwoofer
10" Prefabricated Sealed Enclosure
Pushed by Eclipse XA1000 Mono Amp

That's all right now. I may add speakers in the back but I don't want to tear it up trying to fit speakers back there, or take up any more space of the hatch with sealed speakers; because I refuse to put 4" speakers back there. I rather have nothing than 4" speakers. They won't be able to keep up with the Polks.

This is a clear sound setup. It's not designed to be heard 3 miles away. It's not the best for everyone because some poeple like loud speakers, some like more mid-range and some like alot of bass from every speaker. In this case you would go with a different brand sub or a higher end Eclipse sub. The SW7000 punches hard enough to shake the cars adjacent to you at a 4 way stoplight, but accurate/tight enough to keep up with any music accurately. I really, really like the sound it produces. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks

When looking for a subwoofer, keep in mind that we drive hatches and in the way it's designed pretty much any sub will sound pretty good. I would recommend saving some change and putting it towards a better headunit, or better speakers... or better yet a bigger turbo!!

Last edited by XtreeX; 10-10-2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: A Tip
XtreeX is offline   Reply With Quote