View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #41
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

I was in a locally set up go kart racing league when i was younger(13-15), And you seriosuly do learn a lot of driving skills from that. I won most of the time cause everyone else didnt know how to build motors, But everyone wasnt bad. Then one kid had to crash and brake his leg, And that was the end of that. I always wanted to dyno one of the briggs motors i built. It was one of the rules, You could do whatever you wanted to the motor, But you had to use all the original briggs parts. So i spent hours building them lol. Some of the ones I built were a lot faster on my gokart than the stock motor, But none lasted long. I had bored out carbs, Modified cams, Shaved heads and decks, hours and hours of port work, including making my intake and exhaust ports look like mirrors. I found later that this is useless, But it still looked cool. But you learn a lot from driving anything in competition, and anything where your trying to get around the track as fast as possible. You will really learn a lot about how your car handles and responds.

Last edited by Isphius; 10-05-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Isphius is offline   Reply With Quote