View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
rayk5799
Stock

rayk5799 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnickleye
Don't use a metal head gasket unless you resurface the block, anlong with the head. This means a complete overhaul, as the block needs to go to the machine shop too.

I'm using OEM gasket for 1 1/2 years now, with no issues. And I push it damn hard, a lot.

You must have something else wrong. The block may be the problem, since the steam returned right away.

Did you torque the bolts to 72 lb ft ??

Did you look REALLY closely at the gasket and head and block to find any sign of where the gasket may have blown??

Mine, as so many others have experienced, was a tiny spot next to #6 cylinder. Also, the area on the block had a tiny place that was eaten away from the coolant/heat.

An ISHINO (OEM) gasket is WAY more forgiving (seals better) for surfaces that have not been resurfaced to a very fine RA factor.

check this info out:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/2003/eb30320.htm

Thanks for your info and I also thinks it the block but was hoping someone else had a suggestion. Do you thinks its worthwhile to try to replace with a Ishino gasket?? I check the block surface but didn't notice any real corrosion.

DO you think that me sanding the block surface with 400 grit sand paper had anything to do with it??
rayk5799 is offline   Reply With Quote