View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
noredline
Stock

noredline is on a distinguished road
Default Here is my new baby (1989 Turbo, Targa)

Well here she is, 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo, 5 speed with the targa top, I have wanted a Supra for about the past 7 years. My friend had a Mark III and I have helped around with this car for about the past 4 years. Well he decided to buy a Corvette and sold his baby to me, so the Supra I originally wanted is now mine. Has a new head gasket, ARP head bolts, triangular head job done, HKS exhaust, new PS, new R134a compressor and A/C lines, new starter, new injectors....I think that is it but I know I'm forgetting a few items. He said the car didn't run and when it did that it wasn't controlling idle properly (idled at about 1700 RPM, and wouldn't hold idle until warmed up), he sold it to me for $1300, took it home the other week and popped a new battery in and got it started first try, does still have the idle problem though, which i won a new TPS off of ebay for $40 and just got it in tonight which I will install sometime when i get off work in the morning. So please give your opinions and are suggestions on my new baby. Will update when TPS gets put in.

Oil is from one of our other cars not from the Supra
noredline is offline   Reply With Quote