Thread: damaged engine
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #36
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkiepvvessau
the way you talk like proffessional man...but you're a smart ass.
kkiepvvessau, I can only hope to one day equal your technical contributions to help solve 2JZ Beast's damaged engine problem and Seanchp's spark plug question.

Please bear with me on the following 'rant': kkiepvvessau, if you feel that my need to drive home technical accuracy (eg. "There's no physical way (even at 88mm) to get an additional .3 liters of displacement.") is abrasive, then I'd ask you which of the following two scenarios is worse:
  • Scenario #1: A Supra owner reads 2JZ Beast's (unintentionally incorrect) posts about 3.3L or 3.5L achievable using bore alone, and then decides to spend $3,000.00+ to buy new 88mm pistons & rings, get his engine removed, stripped, bored to 88m, bearings+ring gaps+etc. re-clearanced, decked, longblock+turbo(s) reassembled (with a new engine gasket set & hedgasket), and reinstalled in his Supra, all just so he can get that full 3.3L or 3.5L of displacement ... only to find he ends up with 3.07L of displacement and possibly-weakened cylinder walls...thus pretty much WASTING $3,000.00+ of his hard-earned money.
...OR...
  • Scenario #2: That same Supra owner puts up with & reads my (admittedly) slightly-abrasive (aka 'smart ass') posts correcting the misinformation, and thus avoids wasting $3K+ on Scenario #1.
Hmmm? I know that 2JZ Beast posted the incorrect info because that's what he was told by someone, and he did not intend to post incorrect info. Honestly, I posted the correction to help fellow Supra owners not waste their $. kkiepvvessau, please ask yourself about the motivation for your post.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-15-2006 at 11:33 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote