View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 04:03 AM   #12
drifterdude7
Stock

drifterdude7 is on a distinguished road
Default i have your answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medrivfast
Hello, Tomorrow i'm going to look at an 89 Supra Turbo. I talked to a lady on the phone today about the car. She wasn't to informative about it since it was her uncles. But, she said it has 100,000 miles, New Altinator, New Water Pump, Targa & it's a 5 Speed. I have read through these forums breifly and the only problem i can find about the cars is the head gasket issue.
Other than looking at the basic things on the car like oil and water and belts. What major thing should i look for on this particular car?

They are asking $1700 for it.

I appreciate any help you can supply me....

hey im chris from valley center CA....u can always buy a carbon dioxide kit and what that does is its a tube that holds water with a certain chemical and then at the radiator u suck up the radiator water and if the water turns yellow or green your screwed but if it stays clear your good...it costs about 50 dollars so its worth it....now with that being said i did that to my 1987 supra turbo and then had to proceed with replacing the head gasket and right now im actually selling mine.....it has 140000 miles on it but i replaced the radiator and head gasket 3000 miles ago.....it has a hks blow off valve and fcd controller and what that does it give the engine more gas when needed. i hope that helps you out......
drifterdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote