View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraDoc
Thanks for the advice. I installed a new battery, checked the fluids and turned the key. It started right up. Filled it up with premium gas, checked the air in the tires, said a prayer, and drove it from Orlando to Tampa. It drove like a charm, now I can start to give it some TLC. Thanks again
You drove it from orlando to Tampa? thats about how far I drove mine :-)
I used to live on McDill AFB so good to see another Tampa Bay guy :-) Live in Cali now. i used to go running on Bayshore Blvd all the time :-) Anyway back to the topic at hand. Mine sat for a year, WOULD NOT PASS SMOG for the life of it, checked the cat, turned out it was fine (even though I still took the damn thing off and dunked it in Citric Acid which did clean some gunk).
So I did the following:
Checked and noticed that the guy before me had taken off and redid most of the EGR system including:
The BVSV valve (top nipple was broken $5 USD on ebay)
The Charcoal Canister (another $5 on ebay)*/end EGR*
There is more to what he took off but it was mostly Vacuum Hoses.

Also took out the Spark Plugs and was absolutly shocked at the quality of them. Horrible looking, and not even platinums as recommended, they were normal resistors and some brand I have never heard of.. However I took them to a mechanic and he said it was typical after having sat for a year, not to mention I have pulled the spark plugs for checking and they seem to be doing great. I replaced them with Bosch Double Platinums, boy what a diffrence. The stock preheater hose (as posted before when I thought was a problem with the AFM) had a cut in it so I replaced it with Spectre Air intake Pipe and Spectre Poweradder intake which I moved to the bumper and is now a semi cold air intake. Replaced the Spark Plug wires with Nology Hotwires, again what a diffrence. I still have to fix the Knock Sensor . I also dropped in this stuff called I can't remember but it was something like HPX or something which cleans out all the gunk and stuff (and i swear by it, the state of forida actually ised it in their cars for a year and noticed that it reduced smog outut in thier vehicles 24%. I took my car to get smogged and it passed in the NORM rather than Gross Polluter like it had before. See its just the simple stuff you can do to make your car like new again. i still have my roblems every now and again, but I love my car.
Tokico Illumina II's (TEMS) | Eibach Pro Springs | SpeedTech AntiSway Bars | Cusco Strut Tower Bars | Lexus AFM/550cc Injector Mod | SOGI short shift mod | Aluminum Driveshaft | Upgraded Fuel Pump | 12 PSI Boost | MHG | 11/30/08 Dyno 362RWHP 326ft/lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by supramacist View Post
Ya I'm the a$$hole. I think you're still mad raven cause I thought from your handle that you were a chick. I said I was sorry for that.
ravenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote