View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 02:04 AM   #10
supra90turbo
3" Exhaust

supra90turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isphius
Snow is all about tires. My supra went great in the snow except for accelerating. But it turned and stopped fine. You just need the right tires, and your fine. If you can, Get light truck tires, In the smallest width they have that will fit the rims. Not sure on the mk2. i had 205/50/16 yokohama avids and they worked fine in all weather. Could use a little more traction in the rain, But dry and snow better than i would expect from such cheap tires. Having front wheel drive helps a lot, But you dont need it. And stay away from awd/4wd, Unless its a pickup. Only time that helps is when you get stuck. Now you have 4 tires spinning you out instead of just 2. I know that from experience lol.
You're serious, huh?
wow... well, let me tell you that my Subaru is the most amazing car I've ever driven in the winter. Yes I've driven my Supra in the snow (regrettably), yes I've driven my Maxima in the winter (terrible experiences there), Yes I've driven 4WD in the snow (durango, 04 grand cherokee, 99 ram 1500)

Let me tell you, AWD is the best you can do in the winter.

4 tires spinning you out instead of 2? The only reason you'd spin out in inclement weather is due to tire speed differences. In a RWD vehicle, when the rear tires are spinning faster than the fronts, they have a tendency to want to be at the front of the vehicle, hence spinning you out if you lack coordination and/or proper defensive maneuvers.

You spun out an AWD vehicle? I want to know how.

Wait until this winter. I'll show you a video that will make you think differently about AWD.