View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
lethalwithasupra
3" Exhaust

lethalwithasupra is on a distinguished road
Angry Oh nice. More problems

Known blown exhaust manifold gasket. It'll be fixed soon. Ish. My view it was pretty easy to blow it, not really fair. It's near the front and very vocal.

Sump is distorted and tends to leak whenever I change the oil. Name of all that's holy or otherwise, it needs a lot of thread tape to not leak there. It'll be fixed next time I fuck the car. Oh yea, and the turbo feed-return pipe bit is leaking just under the turbo again. Same pace. Good.

Problems I'm really concerned with are the buzzing at idle and low engine speeds ... and the idling at 1,500. Low engine speeds being 2,500 or lower I guess. It will idle at 600 or so when it feels like it, but I can be driving for a half hour and we're still idling at 1.5k when I get home. Havn't checked for fault codes yet.
Not sure if the buzzing is from the auto trans or if its from this odd looking thing bracketed to the firewall, with a thin pvc hose connecting it to the throttle body.
1.Anybody know what this thing could be ?
2.What causes a supra to idle like that ?

A boy racer took a run up and " shot " past me in the passing lanes on the way home. If he hadn't forced me to floor it and very neatly point out that anything he can get after a run-up, my baby has on demand ... I'd be asking why I owned this damn thing.
Yes, this is mostly just a rant. Sorry.

Delivering it home with a friend driving the Supra for the first time. I drop gears and make a scream from the twin pipes flowing down this pony's flanks and it takes off like it's tail's on fire.

I look back when the Honda gets to its tap-out and the Supra's only two lengths behind. No one I've let ride my bike has told me its slow, they've all loved the thing. That car is a good thing indeed.

Last edited by lethalwithasupra; 09-01-2006 at 10:22 AM.
lethalwithasupra is offline   Reply With Quote