View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #7
Murd
3" Exhaust

Murd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoooopRa!
sorry, i didn't see the faq and sticky threads up top. that answered a lot of my questions!

i was just browsing supramania and came across this thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25509
i'm really scared to buy a supra now, even if i find a good one that fits the price and requirements. i'm afraid of ending up putting more into it than i payed for it, and i don't want that. just want to buy one, change all the fluids, change all the tubing under the hood, and thats about it. and i want to keep all of that under $2000-$2500 including buying the car. is that possible? if not, got any other suggestions for other daily drivers for around two grand? thanks and sorry if i'm being a pain in the butt!
Almost any car you buy in that price range is going to have problems that need fixing within the first year. On my 88 I've replaced the EGR valve, had all the intake and exhaust seals redone, new cat, full tune up, ball joint, and I have barely had it a full year now. I STILL need to fix the engine leak, replace the bushings, get the alignment done after all the steering components are replaced/checked out. It all depends on if it's a car you WANT to spend money on. You could get a toyota tercel or some other box car for 2k and still spend money on it.
Murd is offline   Reply With Quote