View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
SoooopRa!
Stock

SoooopRa! is on a distinguished road
Default new here, few questions

hey all, i'm new here and this is my first post and just had a few questions. i'll be buying a new car soon and am looking at an older car as my daily driver. i won't be taking it to the track or racing it hard either. i don't want to spend more than $2000 or so, that way i won't have to pay collision insurance, just reliability.

i've been looking at mkiii supras and love the look of them, and the fact that they're toyota's and they can handle a lot of miles. so here are my few questions:
1. i know that one of the main problems with the supras are the headgaskets. if i buy a supra that has already had the headgasket replaced, can i expect to have to replace it again or should the new one last for a long time? are there any other precatuions i should look for before buying?

2. would it be wise to look for one with about 100K miles? are supras reliable for how old of a car they are? i don't want to end up putting thousands into fixing it.

3. if i do indeed buy a supra, what should do to it to ensure it will run for a long time? change all the hoses and tubes under the hood, how much would that cost? change all the oil and fluids under the hood?

thanks a lot!
SoooopRa! is offline   Reply With Quote