Thread: Please Help!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
brandonsupra
Stock

brandonsupra is on a distinguished road

Yeah it's pricey. I have put in 700 for brakes, 800 for suspension so far, 350 for the wiring problem, 360 for new tires balanced and aligned, 100 for turbo timer, 2800 on the trans when i get it done which is soon, and I found out today my problem was the steering rack and I'm looking at another 900. I'm pretty pissed, but after my last few problems are worked out I'll have a flawless dream car :]
The head gasket was replaced about a year ago from what the last owner was saying providing I trust what he tells me. Plus it shows no signs of BHG...it does get a little hot and use up some rad fluid from time to time but the rad and oil are completely their own with no mix or milk or bubbles.

Supra's are very very very high maintenance cars from what I have gathered. There's a reason they retailed for 55 grand in 1990. They're the step down from a Lexus luxury wise, and they go like shit. They are capable of over 1000 horse easily with the right after market parts. It's funny just the other day I met a guy with a supra like mine, with the t70 in it. He told me he paid 3 grand for and he installed it himself! HA! there's complete kits on ebay with intercoolers and blow off valves and the whole 9 yards for 800$! Oh well, some people are just blind sometimes.
brandonsupra is offline   Reply With Quote