Thread: Please Help!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
brandonsupra
Stock

brandonsupra is on a distinguished road
Default Please Help!

Hello all, I want to say greetings as this is my first post. I am hoping you guys can help me, and if not at least relate and help me vent. Before I start; my car is a 1990 MK3 turbo model, white exterior with the maroon interior. Automatic transmission.

The problem: Over the past 2 months every few days my car will make a weird moaning sound when I turn the wheel. Naturally when I checked the power steering fluid it was low. But today I filled it up, and half an hour later it was moaning louder than I have ever heard it and when I checked the fluid under the cap it wasn't anywhere close to empty. Is this a faulty pump, faulty steering rack, blown hoses maybe? The noise is VERY loud and it's definately steering related because it only makes the noise when the steering wheel is turned.

The venting: I have been having problem after problem with this car so far. I found out the transmission is screwed; just replaced the aging brakes with brand new racing drilled slotted rotors, performance pads, and new calipers; bought brand new high performance twin tube gas shocks; bought all new rubber...as all this stuff was failing when I bought it. Oh can't forget the brake light problem I had that ended up being a control unit AND faulty wiring costing me $400. The transmission is going to cost me about 2800$ after labor and taxes. I'm really hoping this isn't another 1000$ job. Has anyone else had similar problems?
brandonsupra is offline   Reply With Quote