View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 06:40 AM   #9
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

Okay much apologies for bringing back an old thread but I have an updat:
Turns out it wasn't my adjusting the AFM that made the Put-put problem. I had a giant gash in the preheater hose (I think thats what it is called...the hose between the AFM and the Silencer....). I found this out today when I took the AFM off to get a better look. I just happened to look on the underside and sure enough...Giant gash. So I went to pepboys and picked up the Spectre Modular Air Intake and installed it from the throttle body all the way down and through the little hole where the stock intake used to reside. So the Spectre High Flow Air filter (Poweradder) sits on the other side of the hole, the afm sits on the engine compartment side with the new Modular tube leading up to the throttle body. Wala instant $60 cold air intake (sorta). This got rid of my idling and almost stalling problem. Doesn't jump around or have any issues at all. From what I understand though is N/A's are supposed to idle at 800 RPM right? Mine idles at 600 RPM. Is this a problem?

I am going to take it on the freeway tomorrow to see if the buzzing noise under the hood still occurs or if this was a problem of the same effect. I also did an ECU reset like suggested after this install and wow what a difrence the car actually seems to be responding better. That can't all be the intake.

Last edited by ravenmaster; 08-19-2006 at 06:42 AM.
ravenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote