View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #41
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road

Ok, supra2nr, that thing about the corvette struggling is the worst statement ever. look up things before you post like that. The corvette being my favorite car, I stand for it and know a lot about. The corvette is one of the best selling cars of all time. Right now they are selling more of the c6 per time basis than any corvette in history. Sure, It can be beat, But not for the price. Where are you going to get a car with 505hp(zo6) and all of its impressive track times and creature comforts for 70k$? The corvette is far from struggling...It always has been a successful car, Except for maybe when it was introduced in 1953.... And as for your car, It has plenty of weight on the rear wheels. I would worry about traction that much unless your starting to put out some more hps. The rear of the car with that big hatchback and all is pretty heavy. If you have traction problems, Get better tires. They made the mk3 heavier because they were trying to appeal to older richer people that want sports cars, Not kid racers like we want them to be. So they tried to make them nice and smooth riding and very stable feeling. And all this added a lot of weight of course. If your that conscious about it, Sell it and get an rx7 or porsche 944 or the like. Both are under 2900lbs and are available in turbo models...so there fast too.