View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #9
ZauggIt1
3" Exhaust

ZauggIt1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMAN
anyone uses royal purple or redline products in their supra? i've heard alot of good reviews for both, but fairly expensive about $10 per quart
I have always used royal purple. I love it. But remember, its everyone opinion. Everyone has there oil. I recently bout a civic with 150,000 miles. The guy was runing that walmart oil (supertech) in it. I out it on the dyno, it put out 112 hp. I then changed the oil and trans fluid to royal purple. After drivin the car for a week, i went back to my buddys dyno, i was amazed. It actually put out 122 hp. Oil is the motors blood. The less friction, the more power, and less heat. Always break a engine in with a regular oil. Preferabbly castrol. Because castrol has a lot of detergents in it, it cleans that assembly lube very quick. Start the engine, let it warm up, the change the oil, drive it for 100 miles, then change it again, the go to 500, change it, then when you are at 1000, miles put synthetic oil in. You really want to run synthetic when running a turbo. We all know that heat kills the ball bearings in turbos. Synthetic oils are good for about 500 degrees. Royal purple all the way..