View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 03:51 AM   #118
drifterdude7
Stock

drifterdude7 is on a distinguished road
Default listen up

ok im chris and im originaly from california and i know some friends who are on the design team for the new supra.....and from wat uv said about toyota supra and it not being a straight 6 isnt true....the guys who are in the mits of designing the new supra are without no doubts putting in a straight 6 with a turbo and N/A model.....now the new supra will have a straight six with aluminum heads and block.....but there is still rumors flying about the team putting together a cheaper way to make to make a straight 8 but more then likely they wont put a straight eight cause of the expense.....the price of one of these bad boys for the straight6 N/A will range from 24 thousand to 32 thousand....now for the twin turbo models they will range from 33,800 thousand to 42 thousand....now for the big boy....the V-8 twin turbo model if it comes out rumors are it will range from 40 thousand to 60 thousand.....and the straight eight would rumor range from 65,800 thousand to 80 thousand.....if u have any other questions please feel free to contact me at wakeboardluver7@yahoo.com... O ya and you are right about it looking like the 350 and gt but that isnt the final draft.....u will love the other drawings believe me i feel in love when i saw them....i wish i could post them online but i could be suied.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY!
To me, I thought of the 350Z and the Carrera GT when I seen it.
Most of art is inspired from other art. Same goes for technology as well.
Maybe those two cars I mentioned actually did inspire the engineers and designers at Toyota.

Also, if this does happen, I hope they don't call it a Supra.
It is not an inline 6 3.0 liter.
Nor is it turbo charged.
Seems very un-Supra-like to me.

If it does come about and called a Supra, I wonder exactly by how much the average MKIV will decrease by.
I would imagine it would take some of the demand from the MKIV's.

As stated, the the top car in this picture looks like it was inspired from the Carerra GT, and the bottom car looks like the 350Z:
drifterdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote