View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road
Default Speedometer, High RPM/Speed whine, High HC's 88 N/A

Hi all first post.

I have a 1988 Toyota Supra N/A which I just bought recently. Love the car. But I am having a few problems.

1. Speedometer worked fine until i removed the whole panel and put it back on, now everything works....except the speedometer. (It is connected in the back with the green thing. Any suugs on the cuase?

2. While driving on the freeway the other night I was fine until I got up to about 90 MPH/ 4000 RPM then a loud whining(?) sound came from the car. I let my foot off the accelerator and noise stoped at about 85 MPH. As long as I maintain right there I am fine. What could this possibly be? (Does not happen at higher RPM at lower speeds.)

3. Took it to go get smog checked and passed on the other two categories but on HC's (Hydro Carbons) it failed just over the max. Now my understanding is that if the Cat is bad then you would fail all three. Any suggs on what I can do to bring this number down?

4. This isn't so much a problem as it is I am curious (and if i did do it it'll probably be awhile) Is it possible to Change out the regular, boring Dash display for the digital one? If so, documentation?

5. Last but not least I get an error 52 (Knock Sensor issue) and looked and sure enough the nock sensor is connected to the block but the wire isn't connected to anything. Where is the wore supposed to be connected to? (remember mechanically illeterate so detail would be nie but any answer is welcome :-) )

Thanks for any and all help given!
Chris

Last edited by ravenmaster; 08-11-2006 at 09:52 AM.
ravenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote