View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road

code 14 - Ignition signal
diagnosis: NO "IGF" signal to ECU, "A" times in succession, "A" 7M-GE
6-8 7MGTE 3
trouble area: lgnition and ignition coil circuit, Igniter and ignition coil, ECU

(I have no experience wiht that code, maybe someone else can help ya)

code 24 - lntake Air Temp. Sensor Signal
Diagnosis: Open or short circuit in intake air temp. sensor signal (THA)
Trouble area: lntake air temp. sensor circuit lntake air temp. sensor ECU

on the code 24, if your NA then the sensor is built into the AFM, and it means you will likely need to replace that. It could also be causing the poor running conditions. I believe on the 7MGTE the temp sensor is on the pipe inboard of the AFM (I dont have a turbo to go look at.)

as for other general reasons that may be affecting your running condition, I used to throw out plugged cat as a possible reason but never really having had experience with it until recently. I had a plugged cat in the 89 I just bought and I can now say from experience that it does happen and can cause some really strange behavior. After your car is warmed up go listen to the sound coming out of the tailpipe. Also put your hand in front of the exit and just feel the gases coming out. If it pulses a little and sounds like a normal exhaust Its probably not the cat. BUT, if it sounds more like hiss than pulse, and you cant feel pulsations of the exhaust..then suspect a plugged cat.

Eagles may soar, but weezl's never get sucked into jet engines!

theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote