Thread: We need help!!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 01:17 AM   #1
ZauggIt1
3" Exhaust

ZauggIt1 is on a distinguished road
Default We need help!!

MY brother and I recently bought a 87 7mgte with manual. It had a bad motor, we pulled it and had all the machine work done, standard bore, the crank went 10 over (.025mm). The head was completly rebuilt, not new valves, just a valve job and so on. Our major problem is that we do not know very much about turbos, you give us a small block chevy and will kill anyone. So, back on subject, we found someone out in Cali, that can rebuild the turbo, it doesnt spin very freely, he said $475 and its all upgraded with garret internals. It should push about 18 psi. We really dont want to upgrade the fuel or anything quite yet. Will it hurt the turbo if we restrict it like that. What all do we have to do to get full boost eventually. And should we just have him rebuild the turbo to stock. He can do that for about $350. We have already bought a few parts for the build. New alum. radiator, down pipe, and we are still looking for electric fan/fans. We just started to put the bottom end together last night. We are using the same pistons and rods. New bearings and rings of course. Right now we just want to get it runing. Our future plans is a drifting car. So, my main question is does anyone know what all we should do about the turbo? Stock, or upgrade? If so, what all do we need to get, and possibly some website for the parts, thanks alot for all the help. I will get some pictures on here very soon.