View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 05:03 AM   #1
BrockTMK2
Stock

BrockTMK2 is on a distinguished road
Default hassle starting MK2 When a little cold outside

yeah another question. i live in canada, i havent went through a cold season yet with the car. and im not going to go through the winter with it. but at nights here even right now. it gets a liiiiittle nipply outside at night. and when i go to work at 7 in the morning my car is a hassle to start. it will turn over a little bit then die. i have to turn the key like 10 times before it starts idiling. and the 1st attempt to start is just dies. up until the 7th or 8th it will idle for a bout 2 or 3 seconds at about 300 RPM. then when i give it a bit of gas. she dies. after the 6th or 7th or 8th try it will slowly build RPM and even then if i give it too much gas it will die. i have to slowly and gradually give it gas. this always sort of happend in the scortching sun. but would start at the 2nd or 3rd attempt. and like i say as it gets more and more colder it seems to be a bigger bitch to start. sooo WTF is going on. help a whiteboy out YA HEAR pls.
i know my air flow meter is shotty. which is why i got a new one coming in the mail soon. im not 100% sure if this is the problem but it could be. or it couldnt be. soooo does anyone know?
BrockTMK2 is offline   Reply With Quote