View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 01:35 AM   #43
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

You know, if you didn't lose by much, you could always take everything out of the car before you race the guy next time. Spare tire, jack and stuff, even the targa top removed could help some. Take off the aircleaner just for that race and put some higher octane fuel in it and bump the timing advance up quite a bit. Put a little more air in the tires for less rolling resistance, esp since you probably won't spin the rear tires at launch with the auto.

Make sure your o2 sensor is working right so the mixture is good and turn off the A/C. I dont know if manually shifting a auto car is better or just floor it in drive, maybe some here could answer that one. There are things to racing that can make you fast, but with the auto, you are kind of limited. I think the engine starts to drop hp around 6k, so it is a matter of keeping it in the power band. That is a good way to beat some drivers, because some run it to the redline, but the power has usually fallen off by then.

Get a good tune and good fuel and try some of the things I mentioned. They will help some. Try it again and let us know.

Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote