Thread: boost problem
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesicsupra
hey i needed to know if anyone can help me. i have a 94 supra tt with a 98 jspec motor in it. my car was boosting fine until i replaced my water pump. as soon as i started it up for the first time i had no boost. ive checked my intercooler piping and no leaks, same with my b.o.v. i took my piping apart at the intake manifold reved the engine and its getting plenty of boost. im thinking of a vacume leak. there is an open nipple that is sucking pretty hard on the back of the intake manifold but i cant find a hose. ive also checked my wastegates and neither ar stuck. my care was not running for about 3 months due to complications on finding the jspec pump. please let me know if you can help onesicsupra@yahoo.com thanks
You may have to remove your EGR components to get to (& inspect) the hose(s) that is/are leaking at the back of your manifold.

In theory you shouldn't have had to remove anything to do with your tubocharging system in order to replace your water pump. I'd suggest that you visually inspect around the area of your water pump to ensure that everything is plugged in on the harness (eg. your wastegate VSV). If you don't find anything obvious, you'll probalby have to go through all of the troubleshooting steps in the TSRM...

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote