View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #95
mazola790
Stock

mazola790 is on a distinguished road

well right now i am so pissed i just wrote a long ass thing but it got erased. o well here goes it again. I am 22, i own a 70 challenger (440) and a 56 pontiac custom conv with a 350. my dad owns a couple mopars, one 4-spd 69' conv roadrunner that might be 1 on 1 being hes the original owner n its headrest delete.

I dont know you or what you know it sounds like you know a lot about engines, or just have taken apart acouple and assume you do. to your statement yes i have its kind of hard not to when you own classics. Do i build them on a regular basis no.

Right now im going to school for autobody. And will be building my own garage full of cars very soon. as stated b4 hopefully a abflug supra :-)

I agree with you on the v-8's being cheap and getting good torque. however try fitting tubing on a v-8 for a turbo. its not easy on most newer cars. thats why v-6's are popular. and ANY ricer will tell you a single turbo is better then a tt. from anything i have ever read anything above a v-8 basically needs a tt. Personally i'd rather have a turbo over supercharging and many other people are starting to realize that. If you dont know theres now crank driven superchargers. goto superchargerstore.com and you can see. Thats about as sick hp as you can get on a car and gl on doing anything other then straight aways with it.

V-8's do produce good torque i never said they didnt, but if i wanted torque i'd go get a turbo diseal.

I was just stating what people should know is that turbos put out the best high end top speeds.a 5.0 mustang is how small ya of course it weighs nothing :-p. But how many 5.0's are out there i know a couple right by me. personally id rather have a 5.0 then that new crap supra.

If i was to spend the money i'd get a 33 ford alloway. that supra just looks too much like the newer cars, tell me it doesnt look like the same wheelbase as a g35. I never judge a book by itscover i could be wrong n the day i see it on the road I might change my mind but pictures tell a thousand words.

I'll say it once and again. its how much you put into a car(invest) to get what you want. Sooner or later another car will be faster then the other and drag cars are much different then track but with a turbo you at least can drive it to more places then here n there. track cars and drag cars are completely different
mazola790 is offline   Reply With Quote