View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:04 AM   #5
tonster
Stock

tonster is on a distinguished road

my 82 supra used to have headlight trouble. they would go down fine, but when i put the switch to up they would blink up and down continuously so i had to put them up and take out the retractor control relay. it turned out the problem was a lil computer circuit hidden in a blue box labeled headlight retractor control behind the dash that was faulty. i just bypassed it because it only added slightly better functionality because of the way the switch was designed. like the switch didnt provide power for the headlight motors when it was in the on position so i have to put the switch to up and wait til they came up before i turn them on or just not switch to on too fast. also the circuit would pop up the lights if you were flashing the high beams. the control has 6 inputs, 1 is a hanging wire for the up power and 2 are for the down power which runs through it and the other 3 are voltages depending what lights you have on (high or low) if i remember right. so to bypass it i just took it out and shorted across the down power wire instead of letting it run through the circuit or just took out the up wire. hope this makes sense and helps you out.
tonster is offline   Reply With Quote