View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #1
newbsupra
3" Exhaust

newbsupra is on a distinguished road
Default question and stuff

alright well today, i got my cat cut out! the old flanges were cut off, and a new pipe welded in. some things i noticed.. there is a more intense exhaust smell, but i figured that this is because i have no Cat, correct? also.. at higher RPM's i hear sounds almost like a.. rattling noise, but nothing is loose, and it didnt do it before i got the cat off.. im going to purchase a new muffler.. Flowmaster 40 series.. i like that low tone of the 40 series .. single 2.5" inlet (this fits onto stock?) and duel 2.25" outs.. this will hopefully get rid of the gay sound it makes at the moment.. i feel embarrased when i race people right now.. and a new muffler should get me a bit more HP i also bought a piece of pipe, so i can make an intake.. but i need to buy one of those stupid adapters.. and the piece of pipe, i asked for 13".. he gave me an 18" inch piece >.< oh well, ill have to cut it. also, i went and bought a new shift knob for my car.. it was pink so i didnt like the color, but other than that it looked awesome, i went home.. sanded it and painted the top pink part, metallic blue.. it turned out as a dark metallic blue.. it a bit of a "sparkle" to it, it looks pretty sweet i must say but it came loose on my because the set screws came loose.. frome the shifter while the engine is reving.. so i went and put some blue lock tite on it.. and thats what i had to say!