View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 04:42 AM   #1
Luin Haden
Stock

Luin Haden is on a distinguished road
Default What would you do....

I havent been around for a while, but now im going to get back into a supra project. Heres my delima....

I currently own a 5 speed 90 supra targa top turbo. It runs great and I have $1800 into the project. It has 140,000 miles on it and is all factory, no mods whatsoever. The problem is: it has a salvaged title and in order to get a new "prior salvaged title" it needs to be finished up. As of right now the driver side headlight does not open due to it rubbing the hood, the brake lights dont work, and the master cylindar does not hold fluid more than 24 hours. I havent fixed the title yet into my name so when I do I am looking at a $200 penalty and I cant get the previous owner to file for a lost title cause he was an agent and now he isnt with the car dealer that sold the car.

Now heres the other part to the story.....

I found a 87 n/a automatic hard top supra with 45,000 original miles for $1800! There are some scuffs here and there on the body, but over all its a clean car on the outside. The interior has some stains on the cloth, but its complete. It needs a tune up so im looking at some money after purchase to get it running in tip top shape.

Now heres my question.... Do I buy the 87 and trasplant the 90 into it, or dont buy the 87, fix the 90 and drive the 90. Oh and which ever I do the supra I have will become a daily driver once finished.
It isnt pretty now, but just wait.
Luin Haden is offline   Reply With Quote