View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road
Default My brake lights are stuck on. wtf!

I drove home from work, and my brake lights work fine. I know this because the bottom cover of the third brake light is missing, and previous owner chopped a whole in the bottom of the light assembly, So my third brakelight reflects off of my sun screen thing for the windshield i have back there. So i know when the brake lights are on. I pull up at home. All is normal. I went to get my lunch cooler outa the trunk, So i would have noticed a light shining in my face. I get out and go in, And i know for sure my lights were off when i went inside. About 5 mins ago, My grandma tells me the lights are on on my car. And i ask the inside lights? and she says no, the ones in the back. So im like wtf, thinking she doesnt know what shes talking about, and i go out there and my brake lights are lit up. I started the car(charge the battery up) and i played with the brake pedal. No dice. I even drove around some small local roads to see if something happened, watching the third brake light the entire time(all 5 bulbs lit up BTW). So I just pulled the tail lights fuse, and theywent out and came in to write this. Im pretty sure its not a short, because when i took the fuse out. Faulty pedal switch mayber? I really need some ideas, because i have to drive to work at 5 am, and i definatley need my brakelights to work . Im about to look through the online tsrm, but any help here appreciated. Thanks