Thread: Targa brace
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #18
SupraSaver87
3" Exhaust

SupraSaver87 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Suggestion

Alright, well I have been thinking, and here is a change that I would also incorperate into your next wave of prototypes.

At the front of the brace, where it is mounted onto the front "bolts". I would suggest that the bars also stretch out to cover those bolt holes. Then the top of the tube would be great, shiny, and normal...but if need be there can be a small hole drilled from the bottom of the brace, to allow the "bolts" to go through. That way...lets say....you do a psycho neutral drop, or go flying around a corner (Well very unlikely around corners or neutral drops....). However if in an accident, the spot where that brace unloads all its forces....could tear that tube right off the front plate.

If it were to be my way, you would get maximum strength, and support. So if you change the back, and do the front...you could greatly increase is rigicity.

There is one thing that I want to ask you. Does that brace fit into the targa top holder? It's kinda pointless to have that if when you don't need it (And lets say if it rains) you need a spot to put it, and to be able to use the Targa Top as well.

Our Supra’s, which art in the driveway,
Hollowed be thy power, thy mods are great, thy speed endless,
On the road or at the track. Give us this day free of cops,
And forgive us our impound charges, as we forgive those who are slow.
And lead us not into speed traps, and deliver us from the interceptors,
For thine is our car, the power, and the glory…forever and ever….amen.

Last edited by SupraSaver87; 07-08-2006 at 01:29 PM.
SupraSaver87 is offline   Reply With Quote